Three first prizes have been given for each category - Architecture and
Design. Each first prize is composed of 1.000 Euro.
Students worldwide have participated with over 200 projects
On the 21 June the Cosentino Group, leading multinational in the production
and distribution of quartz surfaces and other natural stone, announced the
winners of the two categories, Architecture and Design, of the 6th edition of
the International Competition Cosentino Design Challenge 2012.
More than 200 works have been received by students studying during the
academic year 2011-2012 in any design, architecture or interior architecture
school worldwide. The objective of Cosentino Design Challenge contest is to
support student talent promoting research on different concepts related to space,
material and construction systems. All projects have to include an
environmentally sustainable approach using Silestone® and or Eco by Cosentino®
materials. With a total of 6.000 Euro in prizes, each category is awarded with
three individual prizes of 1.000 Euro each.
The winners of the Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture contest, whose
objective was to design the lobby of a hotel with big format Silestone® and/or
Eco by Cosentino® slabs, awarded with 1.000 Euro each, have been:
- Prize to Creativity for Zou Wei and Ana Sibille from the Leipzig architecture school Hochschule für Technik Wirtschaft und Kultur for her work Changing Movement.
- Prize to Space Research for Marta Corchado Rodríguez from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid for her work Cueva de Cristal.
- Prize to Material Use for Patricia Gómez from the Escuela Superior Diseño e Interiorismo Arte 4 for her work Urban Sensation Feeling Alive.
The winners of the Cosentino Design Challenge Design contest, which consisted
in designing a shower plate integrated in a singular bathroom, using Silestone® and/or Eco by Cosentino®, awarded with 1.000 Euro each were:
- Prize to Creativity for Teresa Morales Mateos-Aparicio from the Escuela
Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid, for her work Twist ‘n’ Shower.
- Prize to Space for Carlos Álvarez from the Escuela Técnica Superior de
Arquitectura de Madrid for his work Ducha Oblicua.
- Prize to Material Use for Jose Luis Cantabrana García from the Escuela
Superior Diseño e Interiorismo Arte 4 for his work Sitis.
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Acknowledgements:
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Creativity for Jessica Quevedo from the
Leipzig architecture school HTWK Leipzig for her work Ecolobby.
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Space Research for Lucia Moreno Suazo
from the ESDI Arte 4 for her work Silextone.
- Architecture Acknowledgement to Material Use for Conrado Onsés Marín de
la Bárcena from the ETSAM for his work Estantino.
Cosentino Design Challenge Design Acknowledgements:
- Design Acknowledgement to Creativity for Gema Parreño Piqueras from the
ETSAM for her work Ducharte.
- Design Acknowledgement to Space Research for Antonio Viciana Mera from
the Almeria Art School for his work Bloque.
- Design Acknowledgement to Material Use for Ivan Ripamonti from Istituto
Europeo di Design Milano, for his work Modular Ring.
Cosentino Design Challenge Architecture Special Mentions:
- Francisco José Caballero Muñoz, Santiago Andrés Mosquera Guerrero, Satué
Falla Ángel and Valdés Martínez Manuel from the Sevilla School of
Architecture for their work 3 sesenta dale la vuelta.
Cosentino Design Challenge Design Special Mentions:
- Antoine Celine, ETSAS, Chair your shower
- Anne van Galen, DAE, Monsoon
- Olivia Gatica Martinez, ESDI Arte 4, Square
- Miguel de la Ossa Peinador, ETSAM, Plató de Ducha
Jury Members. Images: © Cosentino Group
Cosentino Design Challenge 2012 Jury was composed of Ms. Isabel Plaza from the
Madrid School E.S.D.I Arte4, Mr. Raul Fraga from Madrid Architecture School
ETSAM, Mr. Jorge Roa from Seville Architecture School ETSAS, Mr. Francisco
González from Almeria Art School, Mr. Michele Capuani from the Istituto Europeo
di Design and Mr. Martinus Lamers from the Design Academy Eindhoven, the Spanish
architect Ramón Esteve and Cosentino Group Marketing Director Santiago Alfonso.
The jury decision was taken on the 19th of May in Valencia Cosentino Center,
where all jury members congregated. During this meeting also proposals for the
7th edition of Cosentino Design Challenge were discussed. The 7th edition of
Cosentino Design Challenge and the 2012 awards will be presented in September.
Further Information on the winning projects: